The Well-Fed Writer: Back For Seconds
Table Of Contents
- New Questions, New Answers
- Lots Of Ways To Be a “Well-Fed Writer”
- Hate Marketing? You’ll Love This Book!
- Like a Pot Luck: Many Dishes, Many Writers
- A Looser, Richer, Juicier Book
The Mean Menacing Marketing (and “Sales”) Monster
- Take a Deep Breath and Relax
- Marketing: What It Is and What It Isn’t
- You’re In Control of More Than Enough To Succeed
- The Game Is Already In Progress; Just Learn Your Lines
- It’s Not Hard To Stand Out, Because Few Are!
- “Sales”: Bad Experiences, Bad Associations
- B2B And B2C: The Differences
- Meet a Need, Make a Sale
- Lessons From a Former “Love Merchant”
- Make It Easy For Them To Say Yes
- Real Sales: A Single-Bullet Assassination Story
- 11 All-Stars “Sales” Stories: Not What You’d Expect
- Basic Sales Techniques (That Won’t Sell Your Soul…)
Into the Mind Of The Marketer
- We Can Make It Easy, Or We Can Make It Hard...
- Why Write Anything? (Think Like A 10-Year-Old)
- Tune Into WIFM (What’s In It For Me?)
- Sales & Marketing Cornerstones: Learn And Earn
- Who’s the Audience? (Still the First Question)
- Features Vs. Benefits (Stop Talking About Yourself...)
- It’s Not Just Business, It’s Human Nature
- Thoughts Of Resumes, Releases, Books, Drill Bits and...Love
- The USP (Every Company Has One ...)
- “Discovery Questionnaires” Boost Credibility, Reduce Anxiety
- Are You “Branded”? – The Basics of Standing Out
Web Sites = Working Smarter
- Marketing Simplified, Credibility Enhanced
- The Point: Instant Access To Your Samples
- What Yours Should Include (Less Is More...)
- (Don’t) Show Them the Money
- Understand Your Audience and Stand Out
- Using Websites To “Direct “ Your Business
- Top 10 To-Dos for Website Creation
- The $75 DIY Website: No Catch, No Kidding
- Third-Party Testimonials: FAR More Than Meets the Eye
- Dozens of Commercial Writers Show Off Their Sites
“Let Me Clarify...”
- Common Myths, Preconceived Notions and FAQ’s
- How Good a Writer Do You Have To Be?
- Business Names, Business Plans and Business Cards
- The Portfolio: Yes, You Need More Than a Few Poems...
- It’ll Be Easier For Some and That’s Life, Sweetheart...
- Do I Need Ad Agency Experience To Succeed? (Nope)
- Would a “Copywriter” By Any Other Name Write As Well?
- Is a Batman Binder OK for Portfolio? (No Comment)
- No Sales Experience, No Problem (You Worry Too Much)
- Magazine Writing Is NOT (Typically) “Well-Fed” Writing
- Journalists/Academics: “Commercial” = The Dark Side, Right?
- On-Line Job Sites: Way To Go Or a Waste of Time?
- $75 An Hour? Me? I’m Not Worthy!
- Undisciplined Slobs, Rejoice! There Is Hope…
- How Much For That Brochure in the Window?
- Is It Still Doable In Six Months? Yes, and...
- Conflict Of Interest: A Big Hairy Deal?
Now Entering The Cold-Calling Zone
- No, Cold Calling Isn’t the ONLY Way...
- Aluminum Siding, Anyone?
- “You Might Be an Annoying Telemarketer If You ...”
- You Care + They Don’t = Phone Phobia
- “Why Is It So Hard at First?” (Surprising Answer...)
- Get This and You’ll Remove Most of the Anxiety
- A Cool Cat Vs. a 2:00 P.M. Desperado
- Turning Voice Mails into Productive Feelers
- Lessons from Door-To-Door Book Salesman
- Common Cold-Calling Concerns, Straight Answers
- “Everyone I Call Already Has a Freelancer.” Oh, Yeah?
- The Critical Importance of Critical Mass
Touching Your Market – By Direct Mail, Email and Fax
- Direct Mail: Proven Strategy and Resources
- DM Tips From Industry Pro Avoids Common Mistakes
- DM Postcard Houses: Fast, Easy, High Quality, Economical
- FREE Direct Mail Through the USPS?
- A Novel (and Highly Effective) Direct Mail Approach
- The ABCs of Email Marketing
- How a FL FLCW Made Email Her Marketing Centerpiece
- UK FLCW Blasts 800 Prospects, Qualifies/Quantifies Market
- Just the Fax, Ma’am: Atlanta FLCW Strikes Gold
Dining Off The Beaten Path
- The Not-For-Profits: Where, Why, Who and How Much
- Corporate Roads Less Traveled
- Back To School: Landing Work With Universities
- The BIG Small-Medium-Sized Market
- 60 Writing Avenues You Probably Never Thought Of...
- Jobs Through Expos, Seminars, Coaches & More
- Writing Work From Events and News Stories
Eating Well in Smaller Markets & Rural Areas
- FYI, Good Advice for ANY Writer in ANY Setting
- The Basics of Smaller Market Business-Building
- Prospecting Everywhere: The Best of All Worlds
- Gulf Coast Gumption: African-American Woman Flourishes in Florida
- Heartland Harvest: Iowa Woman Makes It Happen
- Canada Can-Do: Northern Neighbor Shares Success Tips
- Tennessee Tenacity: Southern Woman Leaves No Stone Unturned
Full-Time Dream, Part-Time Reality
- The Fundamentals of Part-Time Business-Building
- How To Build The Biz When You’re a “9-5, M-F” Employee
- KC FLCW Keeps All the Plates Spinning
- CA Single Mom FLCW: From Journalism to Copywriting
- FLCW in Cyprus Offers Killer “Transitioning” Tips
The Well-Networked Writer
- Why Haven’t You Called Your Friends for Work?
- Keeping the Radar Up (Politely) Over Chips and Dip
- Crafting “Elevator Speeches” and Verbal Taglines
- The Curious Psychology of Self-Employment
- Getting the Most From Your Chamber of Commerce
- A SERIOUS Networking Organization (Check It Out...)
- Starting Your Own Writers Group: A Primer…
- AND Taking the Idea to New Heights of Collaboration
- IA & CA Groups Share Their Success Formulas
It’s NOT The Economy, Stupid!
- A Tale Of Physics Class and the Power Of Homework
- Whatever You Believe Is the Case, You’re Right
- The Power Of the Diversified Portfolio
- What We Can Learn From Technical Writers
- The Usual Suspects Not Delivering? Find New Ones ...
- Good News About the Foreign Outsourcing Trend
- NOT “Will It Work?” But “Will You Work It?”
Write Better, Earn More
- 10 Tips To Instantly Improve Your Writing
- Write Like You Talk
- Lose the Weak Words and Tone
- Give Your Audience Credit
- Make Every Word Pull Its Weight
- Make Your Writing Disappear
- Cadence Is Everything
- Start in the Middle
- $50 Words Cheapen Writing
- Be a Storyteller
- Focus On the Reading, Not the Writing
- The Writers Self-Check List
- Writing for the Web: A Primer From Boston FLCW
- From Small Dreams to Cruise Ship Talks
- Golden Wisdom From a True Possibility Thinker
- Self-Esteem Is Earned, NOT Bestowed
- It’s OK To NOT Know Your Final Destination
- The Ultimate Power of Step One
The Well-Fed Writer Revisited
- A Lean, Clean Encapsulation of TWFW
Well-Fed Writer Success Profiles
From Book Club Editor to Thriving High-Tech FLCW In Crashing Economy
Recent College Grad Carves Unique Research Niche
Waco, Texas Ex-Journalist Transitions Successfully
Santa Fe Ex-High-Tech Reporter Specializes in Case Studies
Wisconsin FLCW Carves Niche in Death Care (Without College Degree)
Rhode Island Ex-Salesperson/At-Home Mom Finds Time to Build Thriving Biz
Chicago Ex-Agency Copywriter Hits Six Figures for 15 Years Running
Philly FLCW, Ex-Magazine Refugee Perseveres & Finds Her Rhythm
Seattle Ex-Ad Agency Exec Stays Open, Thrives in Poor Local Economy
Massachusetts Ex-Journalist/PR Guy Works Network & Cold-Calls to Build Biz
NY City FLCW Writes Copy/Screenplays/Comedy, Thrives Financially
Married Writer Duo Choose Small Town Life & Low-Maintenance Clients
A Selected Case Study
Well-Fed Business Startup
- Business Structures
- Book/Website Resource List
- The Well-Fed Self-Publisher
- My SP Saga (and Teaser for Upcoming Book ...)
Stay Plugged In!
Subscribe (Free) to
THE WELL-FED E-PUB!
© Copyright 1999-2009 WriteInc.
Design by Marketing Masters, Ltd.