Author/Seminar Leader Bio
In 1993, Peter Bowerman leveraged a 15-year sales/marketing career into a full-time living as a freelance commercial writer. With NO paid professional writing experience, NO industry background and NO contacts, he went full-time after just four months - using techniques outlined in his book and seminar. In addition to his corporate writing business, he has published nearly 200 columns and articles and leads seminars on writing.
In 2000, building on his success, Bowerman wrote and self-published the award-winning triple book-club selection: The Well-Fed Writer: Financial Self-Sufficiency as a Freelance Writer in Six Months or Less. The book has achieved the following milestones:
- Book-of-the-Month Club selection - Winter/Spring 2001
- Quality Paperback Book Club selection- Spring 2001
- Writer's Digest Book Club selection - Summer 2000 (second best-selling Featured Alternate in more than two years)
- Second Place: ForeWord magazine Book of the Year Awards (Career category)
- Finalist: Publisher's Marketing Association Ben Franklin Awards (Best First Book)
- Honorable Mention in the Writer's Digest National Self-Published Book Awards
- Positive reviews in Booklist, Library Journal, ForeWord magazine, Midwest Book Review and many others
- #1 Best-Selling E-book on www.booklocker.com; #3/#5 overall (4Q00/2Q01)
In September 2004, he released companion volume The Well-Fed Writer: Back For Seconds (95% new content), a Writer’s Digest Book Club Selection that same month.
Mercedes-Benz Credit Corporation
The John Harland Company
Digital Equipment Corporation
The Cartoon Network
The American Heart Association
Centers For Disease Control (CDC)
Junior Achievement of Georgia
...and many others
3713 Stonewall Circle
Atlanta, GA 30339
Stay Plugged In!
Subscribe (Free) to
THE WELL-FED E-PUB!
© Copyright 1999-2009 WriteInc.
Design by Marketing Masters, Ltd.